When you have completed setting up Appogee Leave, you might want to delegate setup to another user by making them an Administrator or an HR admin. You will then need to configure the app to your organisational policies. This is an introduction to Appogee Leave configuration and reference to all configuration settings and links to their Help Articles.
Introduction - the 3 building blocks of Appogee Leave
Appogee Leave requires Users, Team Profiles & Employment Profiles to be set up at a minimum.
If you have just completed initial setup you will have a default User, a default Team Profile and a default Employment Profile to begin with.
If you are a new HR Admin/Administrator you will see Users, Team Profiles and Employment Profiles while exploring your HR ADMIN dashboard.
You may want to modify these as described below:
1. Users (accessible to HR Admins & Administrators only)
- You will need to register and activate users
- Please note that users and their data cannot be deleted from the system unless the administrators request a total deletion of the entire company account
- Additionally, you can assign roles, modify user profiles and deactivate users
2. Team Profiles (accessible to HR Admins & Administrators only)
- You will need to create Team profiles which are groups with common approvers. You can also edit them later.
3. Employment Profiles (accessible to HR Admins & Administrators only)
- You will need to create Employment Profiles where you can configure allowances, working hours and employment conditions for groups of users.
- If you require custom allowances, you will need to configure Leave Types first
- You will also need to create Public Holidays where you can define public holidays and other non-working days and then assign these to individual users or to a group of users in an Employment Profile.
1. Virtual Teams (accessible to HR Admins & Administrators only)
- You can group users across different teams with shared calendar and approval settings in virtual teams.
2. Google Team Calendars (available for Google Apps domains only & accessible to their respective HR Admins & Administrators only)
- You can create visibility through shared team Google Calendars
1. AOUs (accessible to Administrators only)
- Delegate administration by segmenting Appogee Leave into smaller organizational units if you have a large organisation via Absence Organisation Units.
2. Public Holidays (accessible to Administrators only)
- Configure non working days that affect groups of users or individual users in Public Holidays.
3. Leave & Sickness Types (accessible to Administrators only)
- Track the kinds of Leave & Sickness your employees take.
1. System Settings (accessible to Administrators only)
- Configure system wide settings, upload your company logo and customize the theme.
2. Email Templates (accessible to Administrators only)
- Configure outgoing emails from Appogee Leave
3. Preference Settings (accessible to all user roles)
- Configure system preferences from Appogee Leave.