If you have some staff starting mid-leave year, you can pro-rate their allowance to reflect this.
Pro-rating of allowances is available for Annual & Sickness allowances but not for accruals
Allowances can be pro-rated at 2 points:
1. During user activation (HR Admin > Users > Activate new users):
If you wish to pro-rate the users' allowances, you will need to enter the user's Start Date (i.e. date they started working). You will then be required to select a pro-rata formula to calculate their allowances based on their start date. This will pro-rate all allowances the user is entitled to.
From the pro-rata formula drop-down list, select how you want allowances to be calculated. The options are:
- Employment Profile Default - that is, the allowance amount in that user's Employment Profile will be their entitlement. This means that there will not be a pro-rated entitlement.
- Months remaining from user start date - Pro-rated entitlement calculated from the months remaining in the Leave Year.
- Months remaining from user start date (inclusive) - Pro-rated entitlement calculated from the months remaining in the Leave Year, including the month that they started.
- Days remaining from user start date - Pro-rated entitlement calculated from number of days remaining in the Leave Year.
Please note that options 2. to 4. are designed for users who have joined recently rather than users who joined in previous leave years. Should you set up allowance incorrectly, you can edit them using the Allowance Adjustment feature. You can also use the Allowance Calculator Tool if you later on override the pro-rated allowances.
2. After activation in the Allowance Calculator
The Allowance calculator tool can be found within the employment profiles (HR Admin > Employment Profiles > Click on the employment profile > Allowance Calculator Tool)
To pro-rate allowances, select the relevant Pro-rata Formula:
- None - no pro-rated allowance, i.e. the allowance defined in the Employment Profile will be applied.
- Months remaining (excluding current) - the number of months remaining in the year, excluding the current month
- Months remaining (including current) - the number of months remaining in the year, excluding the current month
- Days remaining - the number of days remaining in the year
For each employee in the Employment Profile, you will see all their allowances for each active leave year. Review the Current and New (ie recalculated) values for each Allowance. The current column shows the current allowances, and the new column shows the proposed new values based on the employment profile.
Please ensure that you have entered a start date for the user, as this is the value used to pro rata the allowance.
When you are happy with the calculations in red, you can click on the Save link to save for a particular user or you can use the Save All button to save all allowances