This article supplements the Preparing Your CSV Upload File For Import article and contains quick tips in troubleshooting issues with your upload.
1. Always download a new CSV upload file
2. Check that the column headings are present and are as follows (making sure that the spelling is correct):
- Email (mandatory)
- FirstName (mandatory)
- LastName (mandatory)
- Team (mandatory)
- Job Title (mandatory)
3. Check that the dates are the correct format yyyy-mm-dd as below. Depending on your locale and your settings, your CSV editing software may automatically change the date format. If you are unable to fix the format you can use a text editor such as Notepad making sure to save the file in csv format:
4. Check that the file is in CSV format
5. Check that the file is encoded in UTF-8
6. Employment Profiles must already exist in Appogee Leave. They will not be created by the import.
Dates/datetimes should be in the format year-month-day (yyyy-mm-dd), for all date columns.
7. If provided, Employee status (Job Status) must be one of the following: Joining, Active, Leaving, Former.
If the Employee status is:
- Joining, the start date must be provided and the start_date value must be a date in the future.
- Active then if the end date is provided, it must be a date in the future.
- Leaving the start date and end date must both be provided. The start_date should be in the past and end date should be in the future.
- Former the start date and end date must both be provided. Both dates must be in the past.
Please also ensure:
- If both start date and continuous start date are provided, the continuous start date must be before start date
- If both the start date and end date are provided then start date must be before end date