Submit a ticket My Tickets
Welcome
Login  Sign up

Highlighted weekend work days (in exchange for Public Holidays) on the calendar view

In Hungary we have some workdays moved to Saturdays in exchange to have bank holidays + weekends joined.
For example: In 2019. we have 2 working Sundays (at 7th and 14th of December) in exchange for a longer Christmas holiday (not working on 24th and 27th December).
What would be the best way to change these exceptional weekend days to work days?
Currently if I set up them as Public Holidays (to enable some visual mark for them on the calendar), the weekend grey-out hides the sun icons for Saturdays.
It would be great if there would be a possibility to visualize these working weekend days somehow in the calendar.

1 person likes this idea
  • I have the same request: be able to make individual weekend days normal workdays in the calendar.

Automatic calculation of leave days should count those weekend-work days as standard workdays.     

And yes, a different symbol will help to increase visibility. 

• This issue hit us again this week and it's very annoying.

It would be great if not just the national holidays could be configurable in Process Config / Public Holidays, but these exceptional working Saturdays as well.

As a workaround now we do edit weekend requests and override their taken time, making working Saturdays to count as 8 hours / 1 day for the allowed/taken days calculation. It's a pity they still don't appear neither on the Team Calendar, nor on the "Year at a Glance" page, not even if I hide weekend's gray color overlay.

Could you please implement / fix these?

• Hi Tamas

I would recommend using our compulsory days feature for this scenario. You can mark those Saturdays as Compulsory Work Days, which will show on the calendar view with a X on it - to highlight that employees need to work. 

Take a look at the following article for more information: https://help.appogeehr.com/support/solutions/articles/22000257241-appogee-leave-compulsory-days

Hope this helps. 

Thanks

Appogee HR

• Hi @Megan, 

Your link for the Compulsory Work Days does not work and I did not manage to find it in the online help of Appogee.

Could you please help me by sharing a working link to that article?

Thanks in advance!

• Hi Tamás

Apologies for that, I'm not sure why the article didn't work.

Can you try this one? 

https://help.appogeehr.com/support/solutions/articles/22000257241

Thanks, Megan

• Thanks, this links works, so we can dive into Compulsory Work Days now :) 

Login or Signup to post a comment