Submit a ticket My Tickets
Welcome
Login  Sign up

Possibility to only use days / half Days

Hi,

I would like the option to configure that Appogee only calculates in days and half days. It uses hours which is sometime confusing with strange rounding errors etc.

Best,

Steen.

• Hi Steen

Thanks for your suggestion, this is actually already available within the system for you. If you head to System Config > General Settings > Leave, there's a tick box for 'Show allowances in Hours and Days?', if you untick this, employees will only be able to see days and half days, rather than the hours calculation. 

Thanks

Appogee HR

• I did this, but it still calculates in hours

• Hi Steen

The system will still calculate in hours, as it does in the backend. Admin users will also be able to see the hours and days calculation, but the setting will switch off the hours calculation view, so it only shows in days.  Strange rounding tends to occur when the working rota has been configured with inconsistent patterns or days which are not full or half days. 

I will leave this feature suggestion open as I believe the request is about switching off calculation in hours completely. 

Thanks

Appogee HR

• Hi we are still having the issue mentioned above we have employees on different profiles but we need them just to see how many days they have left  i have set it upto show days only but it still shows in hours, this confuses employees .  We just need to see days on the Calendar has this been amended to be able to do this now?

• Hi Mary 

HR Managers will always see allowances in hours & days, even if you change your settings to show in days only. This is because the system calculates everything in hours in the backend, so as super users you need to see where the calculation has come from in order to understand what the allowance is in days. 

This feature suggestions is to do with booking leave, and the ability to only be able to deduct either a full day or a half day. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks

Appogee HR

Login or Signup to post a comment