Submit a ticket My Tickets
Welcome
Login  Sign up

Show manager in team calendar

We have several small teams where the manager/approver is an integral part of that team and so needs to be visible in the team calendar, but due to the leave approval flow they cannot be a member of that team (as the manager's leave is approved by someone more senior external to the team).

I am aware of the possibility of using Virtual Teams to work around this, but it seems cumbersome to have to duplicate whole teams just so that the manager can be included to become visible on the team calendar. Doing this would also prevent us from using the Virtual Teams functionality for anything else, since each employee can only be a member of one Virtual Team.

I suggest adding a new "Include in Team Calendar" option against each manager listed in the "Managers" tab of each team that can be used to toggle on/off whether a manager is shown in the team's in-app calendar or not.

2 people like this idea
  • Hi Matt 

Thanks for your suggestion. While we have not implemented this feature, we have now made it possible for individual members of teams to have different approval flows. This would allow you to add the Manager back into the team they manage, while giving them the correct approval flow. 

They would then be a member of that team's calendar, therefore no longer requiring an additional calendar option for the manager's team. 

Hope this makes sense! 

Thanks

Appogee HR

Login or Signup to post a comment