Appogee Leave provides a simple way for staff to submit, and for managers to approve, absence requests. Management and HR are able to report on all forms of employee absence and sickness, whilst planning for time-off and staff attendance, ensuring they have been processed by the appropriate approval flow.
1. Set up Appogee Leave
Sign up for our free 14 day trial here: leave.appogeehr.com/
Run through the setup wizard which configures Appogee HR to meet your organization needs. This will provision your domain with at least one user and one team, configure the start month for your organization's leave year how user calendars should be integrated. These, and additional options can be updated by a user with the Admin role under
2. Finding your way around Appogee HR
Note that in describing how to find your way around Appogee HR you may sometimes need to check what is meant by selected terms. You can find a definition of the key concepts in the Appogee Leave Glossary.
Navigating around Appogee Leave involves using a left hand menu which provides one click access to most things you will need to use. It is split into different sections which depend on the access role given to you, as well as which options have been selected in the configuration area. This chart shows have the primary menu will change by role.
Regardless of their role each user gets a dashboard which provides a summary of everything a user should need, with Managers having easy visibility of information concerning members of their team.
3. Getting organized
The first phase of getting started with Appogee Leave is to add some users, set up some Teams, and set up some leave profiles. The set up wizard will have set something up to get you started.
- You can add more users from the Add Employee menu either by manually adding each one, by importing a csv file or by identifying users from an integrated connection such as G Suite or Office 365.
- You can set up Teams from the Organization menu where you specify things like what and how absence requests can be created and approved.
- You can set up Leave Profiles are set up under Leave admin. These represent the time off and working hours for staff. You will typically have one of these for each country of operation or type of employment contract your staff have.
At this point you will have an online Leave system that will cater for most organization's needs and will be able to experience a standard implementation of Appogee Leave. However, be aware that you can tailor this to any specific needs you have by reviewing the configuration screens which are available to anyone with the Admin role.
- The Process Config menu is where you set up your absence types, configure email templates and set up public holiday profiles.
- The System Config menu is where you can change the leave year start month, set up public holiday profiles or add a logo.
4. User Roles
All users have the Employee role, and may additionally have one or more of the other roles. HR and Admin roles need to be assigned to users explicitly from the Roles and Access menu and the Manager role is assigned by making a user the manager of a team or an absence request approver within the Organization menu.
The roles determine access to data and access to administration functions within Appogee HR.
Take a look at our Appogee Leave Employee User Guide here.
5. Things to do
Now you're ready to go, you can get a feel for using the system by doing one or more of the following:
- Book and approve some time off to show how requests and approvals works
- At a minimum: Leave, New Request followed by Dashboard, My Leave Approvals
- Set up a Leave Digest email to provide a weekly summary of absences
- Go to Reporting, Leave Digest Emails and click the check box to enable weekly digest emails