Please note that only users with the HR Manager and Administrator role have access to the CSV Upload page
The CSV Upload Process
Appogee HR CSV upload feature allows for the upload and manipulation of employee data via a CSV file. This document describes how to prepare the CSV file for upload and provides tips in ensuring a smooth efficient process in getting your employees set up quickly.
The CSV template
Download the CSV template from the link provided on the CSV Import page in Appogee HR. This can be found under Add Employee > Import from CSV
Understanding the CSV template
Open the CSV file in the spreadsheet application of your choice. You will see that each column has two rows of headers.
When adding your data to the CSV file, ensure that mandatory fields are entered according to the following rules:
- The following field headers are always mandatory:
- "First Name"
- "Last Name"
- "Team Name"
- " Job Status"
- "Leave Profile"
- The Leave Profile has to already exist on the system, or else the CSV will encounter import errors.
- The Leave Start Custom Date Field is mandatory if the Leave Start Date Field is defined as "Custom".
- The Continuous Start Date Field is mandatory if the Leave Start Date Field is defined as "Continuous Start Date"
- Dates/datetimes should be in the format year-month-day (yyyy-mm-dd).
- The Date fields on the CSV are the Leave Start Date Custom, Continuous Start Date, Start Date and End Date fields.
- The HR Manager and Manager fields should contain email addresses.
- If provided Status must be one of the following: Joining, Active, Leaving, Former. It is case insensitive.
- If the Status is Joining, the start date must be provided and the start_date value must be a date in the future
- If the Status is Active then if the start date is provided, it must be a date in the past.
- If the Status is Former the start date and end date must both be provided. Both dates must be in the past.
- If both Start Date and continuous start date are provided, the continuous start date must be before or equal to the Start Date.
- If both the Start Date and End Date are provided then start date must be before end date
- A new team can be created using the CSV import.
- When creating a new team on the CSV import, if the manager does not exist, the team will be uploaded as unpublished. The manager can be added as an emplyee on the CSV used to create the team and the team will be created as published.
- Divisions must have the entire ADU (Appogee Divisional Units) path from the root to the subpath (/appogeehr/uk/london).
- Active Leave Years should be in string format and separated by a comma and space (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018). This is mandatory when creating a new team using the CSV import.
- If a domain of an employee being imported does not exist on the verified domain list, the employee's login cannot be enabled during the import.
- When adding a Team Manager on the CSV, this will override the Primary Team Manager of the team. To add multiple managers to a team, this would have to be done on the team profile configuration and not using the CSV import.
There are several options that will allow you to make bulk changes to existing and new data or employees. Make your selections carefully:
Saving the CSV file
After collecting the data into the CSV file, you must save it as a UTF-8 CSV file. The following are ways you can do this with some common spreadsheet applications (please note that this is not an exhaustive list, please refer to the documentation for the relevant application and version you are using if these do not work for you).
||Click on File