The pro-rata formula is designed for employees with an annual allowance. This does not affect accruals.
1. Make sure the employee has a start date defined on their user profile
Organization, Employees, Employee Profile tab
Ensure Job Start Date field or Continuous Start Date field is completed
Ensure the Leave Start Date drop-down points to the correct start date field (either Continuous or Job Start Date)
2. Set a pro-rata formula on the leave profile
From Leave Admin select the relevant Leave Profile for the employee.
On the Main Details tab, set Pro Rate Formula field This determines the amount of allowance allocated to an Employee in their first year of employment depending on the setting selected:
- Disabled: The allowance will not be prorated, and the entire amount of entitlement will be allocated to the employee.
- Months remaining from user start date: The allowance will be prorated based on the number of full months remaining from the employees start date until the end of the employees leave year.
- Months remaining from user start date (inclusive): Same as above, but includes the partial month in which the employee starts.
- Days remaining from user start date: The allowance will be prorated based on the number of days remaining from the employees start date until the end of the employees leave year.
3. Update employee allowance using allowance calculator to reflect new changes.
Fill in employee team and leave profile information
Select Calculate Annual Entitlement
on the top right of the screen then review any allowance updates which are shown in red
Once you are happy with the proposed changes click Save
Please note that future employees create will have the correct allowance on creation.