- If you would like to share the calendars you have created with employees from other domains or employees who do not have Google accounts, then please refer to Google's documentation on how to share calendars with them.
- The owner of the Google Team Calendar will be the G Suite Administrator that was configured in the G Suite integration settings
- G Suite employees can have their requests synced to their personal/primary Google Calendars.
- You can also configure Appogee HR to ensure that employee's requests are synced to their personal calendar, you can find the steps on how to turn this on or off here
How to create a Google Team Calendar?
To create a Google Team Calendar, you will need to go to Process Config > Google Team Calendars
To create a new Google Team Calendar, click on the 'Create Google Team Calendar' button
Main Details Tab
If you are creating a new Google Team calendar, you will need to specify the following:
- Select the team, where the requests should be synchronized to the Google Calendar
- If you wish to create a company-wide Google Calendar, then from the dropdown list next to Team - you should select All Teams.
- Please note that if you do not specify the name for the Google Team Calendar, then the default name will be "Leave: Team Name"
Sync Settings Tab
In the sync settings tab, select what you want to be displayed in the calendar as highlighted below:
Access Settings Tab
In the Access Settings tab, you should select who should be able to view this Google Team Calendar.
The options are:
- Team Managers: The managers of the team associated with this Google Team Calendar will be able to view to this Google Team Calendar
- Team Members & Team Managers
- All Active Users: All Google Apps users who are Active in Appogee Leave will be able to view this Google Team Calendar
The Allow others in the domain to manually subscribe to this calendar option controls whether other users in the domain can manually subscribe.
Please note that the Allow others in the domain to manually subscribe to this calendar option will not work if you have multiple G Suite domains as the Google Calendar API does not support this. The calendar owner can turn the option off in Appogee HR and share the calendar manually within Google Calendar if needed.